Try Answering These From Your NIV Bible
By: Rex L. Cobb
INSTRUCTIONS: Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions to this NIV quiz.
Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).
1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon? _____________ and _____________
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth? ___________
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name? ____________
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV. ____________________
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear? ______________
8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name? ______________
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know? _____________
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do? ____________________
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus? ______________
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written? ______________
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish? __________
14. John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man? ___________
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4? ____________
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus? ________
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism? ____________
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6? ______________
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34. _______________
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command? ____________
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV. __________________________
22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh? ________________
23. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do? ______________________
24. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7? ___________, ______________, _____________
25. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the ________________ and the ______________:"
Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.
(These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?
If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.