Devotional For The Month!
And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness;
the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
(Isaiah 35:8) (KJV)
1. To get on the highway of holiness, you must first make the right turn. That is, whatever road you are going down now, you must catch the on-ramp. The only way onto this highway is through the Blood of Jesus Christ. The destination is heaven, and Jesus said, I am the Way.
2. To make progress on this highway, you must keep your foot on the accelerator. That is, you must continually move forward. There is no turning back. You will encounter numerous distracting billboards and demonic off-ramps. My friend, stay on the main highway.
3. To ensure your continual progress, you must stay between the lines. This has to do with holiness, and the Bible clearly marks the proper direction.
4. Be sure, on the highway of holiness, to keep your vehicle (soul) tuned up. Make sure you check the oil. The Master Mechanic (Holy Spirit) will keep your engine running smooth if you will submit to His vehicle inspection.
5. You must stay on this highway until you reach your destination. Do not settle for the substitutes of Satan. The rest stops of the devil can turn into death stops. Take heed to these simple rules, and you will be well on your way.
(1 Kings 14) (Colossians 1) (Ezekiel 44)